The Digital Exigent
Digital transformation forces businesses to modify their business models and adapt to the new reality of the market. The best thing about this paradigm shift is, it is not driven by the businesses, this is driven by the customers. In this new wave of digital transformation, automakers have no choice but to deliver appropriate tailored solutions for their consumers.
The success journey of sustainability for automakers is being driven by consumers. In order to maintain their strategy of always being connected, car manufacturers must produce an experienced journey which is unmatched or above the customer’s expectations. Yes, it’s true that nowadays placing the client first is already at the core of the automotive industry.
From a study of IDC, two-thirds of Global businesses CEOs will adapt to more contemporary digital approach to enhance the client experience by the end of 2019 – with 34% of businesses believing that they will completely embrace the digital conversion within 12 months or less.
We’re far from full digital acceptance despite this prediction. The progress which was disclosed in the State of Digital Business Report stated that 47% of businesses have not yet structured their digital transformation. While 59% are concerned that it might be too late for them to get their companies to revamp their implementation of digital transformation.
The Digital Customer
Customers’ expectations have evolved with technology innovation and they have surpassed Automaker’s current offerings. These clients vary from digital natives who grew up with their smartphones in the pockets to digital immigrants who spent their life driving unconnected vehicles through an analog globe.
Digital technology has altered the habits of consumers. Mobile devices, applications, machine learning, automation leverages customer satisfaction as precisely as they require it. Moreover, these new digital techniques have brought about a change in client expectations, leading to a new kind of contemporary buyer. Automakers specifically today are being rated for their digital customer experience because of the possibilities which arise from using contemporary technology.
Digitalized Customer Experience
- Digital innovation will first be replaced in the section of sales, from cold calling to social selling. The car industry needs to reach the consumers, and create a connection and inform them instead of the clients reach you first. You can do this as a part of the solution to their issues by exchanging expertise as part of the solutions to their problem.
- Digital implementation lowers your time span on offline marketing operations, such as direct mail, billboards, and television advertisements. It’s time for the car industry to put the data as their engines and re-vamp their marketing strategy.
- Previously, the customer service team used to wait for the phone to ring so they can get on the task to solve customer issues. Fast forward to now, the manufacturer needs to understand that being digital is not just about reactivity, it’s about being proactive in fulfilling your consumer’s needs. The automotive customer service eco-system exists via review sites, forums, social media communities.
Personalized Customer Experience
According to Accenture, 75% of consumers would be approached by automakers who know them:
- By their name
- Know their vehicle history
- Recommend product based on their past purchase and service history
Consumers would be more satisfied when they know that the car companies have implemented their data at the right time and provided the right solution before their problem even occurs in their car.
If the technology is growing than the consumers are expecting the car industry to adapt with the provided technology which can boost the customer experience with quality and satisfactory results. For this to happen, the car makers need to invest in digital CRM, without this quality service the industry can’t treat their clients as individuals.
With the use of the stored data, it can be easy to deliver personalized messages and make use of it in selling their car services at the right time for the right people.
Driving a Seamless Automotive Experience
Consumers of today are not bound to be strolling on a single channel. They surf around the in-store, shop online, share feedback via mobile apps, and ask queries on social media networks for your support group. The combination of all these relationships enables the car makers to generate a single digital profile whenever the consumer wants to interact with their specific car companies.
With the help of digital transformation, the automotive services will be able to deliver the solutions precisely at the right time, right place, with the right solution. With the help of predictive maintenance, revenue generation opportunities increase.
Since consumers today are being digitally connected to everything they have lead the car industry to revamp their strategies of how they operate, function, and deliver solutions to them. Due to this paradigm shift, the implementation of digital transformation in the automotive industry has taken a stake in the way they should be functioning for the next five years down the line.
Digital transformation empowering the automotive industry to engage with contemporary consumers of tomorrow and offer a seamless customer experience. Want to know how ? visit at www.autofacets.com